Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines!!!




Valentine's, oh Valentine's Day. Our first romantic holiday together as a married couple, and it was no short of fabulous! Drew and I are in Tupelo this weekend. He was working at a clinic here this weekend to try to earn some precious extra cash for his high-maintenance wife! JUST KIDDING - about the high maintenance part :-) He worked all day today, and apart from a fancy dinner tonight, I just assumed I was not getting a present. Well, first of all, we agreed no presents this year (we are buying a big screen tv - well HE is buying that, I should say) and I am having surgery in March so we really didn't figure we needed to spend the money. And second of all, I checked all of his luggage while he was at work, just to make sure he didn't have the David Yurman ring I want in there!!! 
   SO, leave it up to me to find a gourmet chocolate store in Tupelo, and I took it upon myself to go in an hand select each savory piece of chocolate and have them wrap it up, as a gift for myself. But I am clever enough to pick out some of Drew's favorite candies and pass it off as a "gift" to him...heh. But I have to say, that after a FABULOUSLY romantic dinner for two at a French bistro here in town, Drew bought me a pair of Juicy Couture sunglasses! I am SO excited!!! Shame on me for making frugal jokes about him :-) 
   I love it here in Tupelo. I wouldn't mind if Drew wanted to take a job at the Oncology clinic here. But at the same time, I love Jackson too! But that's a post for another date...
   I hope you and yours had a Happy Valentines Day!!!
XOXO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment